Enrolled Evangelist Policy
Sponsored by North American Missions
In order to facilitate ongoing revival within the United Pentecostal Church, it is essential to have qualified, full-time evangelists to help reap the harvest and maximize our potential for growth. North American Missions feels that it is imperative to further assist evangelists with direction and training for ongoing growth in this ministry.
To coordinate the efforts of the evangelists in the UPCI by:
- Raising awareness of the evangelist’s ministry within the UPCI.
- Providing ongoing training and resources.
Encouraging and facilitating networking with other evangelists.
To fulfill this purpose, North American Missions, via the Evangelists Ministry, proposes that a full-time evangelist within the UPCI be offered an official enrollment opportunity, with the following benefits:
- Listing on the evangelist’s web directory for ministry visibility.
- Special notation in the Evangelists listing in the UPCI Directory.
- Access to the NAM Evangelist Coordinators in each District.
- Reduced fees for exhibit space at General Conference.
- Any special privileges given to Enrolled Evangelists at conferences partnering with NAM.
- Can request assistance from the Enrolled Evangelist Emergency Assistance.
- Per Diem Expenses relating to the annual Evangelists Conference.
All UPCI evangelists that recognize the value of this program and its benefits are invited to enroll.
In Order to be Enrolled, an Evangelist must:
- Be a licensed minister of the United Pentecostal Church in good standing.
- Have been a full-time evangelist for one year.
- Have the approval of their District, having met the criteria set forth by their District
NAM suggests the following guidelines for consideration as a full-time evangelist:
- Definition of a full-time evangelist: Involved in revival services outside your home church 75% of the year (i.e. 39 Sundays/weeks).
- Accountability: An evangelist must have a pastor and home church in their District that is recorded with the District.
- Contact Information should be on file with the District Evangelist Coordinator. (If a District Evangelist Coordinator has not yet been appointed, the North American Missions District Director will serve as District Evangelist Coordinator.)
- Have a letter from their District verifying their status as a full-time evangelist on file with North American Missions.
- Attend at least one Evangelist Seminar sponsored by North American Missions, or, when available, complete the training online.
- Pay $50 per calendar year as an enrollment fee to the Evangelists Ministry of the UPCI. *If the evangelist is currently a monthly sponsor of the P.I.E. program, this annual fee may be waived.